HomeMe is a mobile application (“App”) designed to make the rental process easier by pre-approving renters for properties. Our intent when collecting sensitive information is to provide an exemplary user experience by continuously using user generated data to provide improvements to our portfolio of services.
HomeMe is not marketed or intended for the use of individuals under the age of 18. HomeMe does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from persons under 13. If it is determined and / or HomeMe is notified that a person under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information without consent, such information will be removed from our servers.
Collection of Information
When you visit our website or download and use our mobile application HomeMe may collect and store a variety of information for the purposes of pre-approving renters, such as:
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) which is any data that could potentially identify a specific individual. PII includes the following:
- Identity Information, which refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. This includes, but is not limited to: information such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number, device identification, date of birth, and social security number.
- Billing Information, which includes your credit card number.
- Demographic information, which includes, but is not limited to: location, gender, age, occupation, and the type of device you are using to access our service.
- Additional information and documents HomeMe may request in order to verify your identity and income: driver’s license, bank statements, pay stubs, utility bill, or information concerning your current address.
- Amenities and properties you are interested in.
- Self-reported income information.
- Information provided from preliminary credit and background checks.
- Move-in and move-out date.
- Roommate contact information.
- Lease terms, parties, and transactional information.
- Information automatically collected by cookies, log data, and web beacons. This includes, but is not limited to:
- IP address
- Device identification number
- Browser type
- The webpage previously linked to HomeMe
- Internal page visits
- Access date and time
- Information based on your interactions with the HomeMe application and website, including but not limited to information about your computer and mobile device.
- Anonymous data collected via cookies, log data, or web beacons. You may change your browser settings for information about disabling cookies if you would prefer that this information not be collected.
Third Party Account Login
Adding Your Roommate
If you chose, you can use our app to add a roommate to your profile. You can request a roommate uses our services via:
- The contact list on your phone: If you chose to add a roommate through your device’s contacts list then HomeMe will send a message on your behalf requesting they create a HomeMe account so that you can search together. This message will be sent from HomeMe and contain your name and request.
Disclosure of Information Use
HomeMe’s primary use of the collected information is to pre-approve users for apartments and ensure a smooth user experience. HomeMe will never sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third parties. We are committed to your security. However, HomeMe may use the information and data collected for the following purposes:
- Operational and management purposes, which includes:
- Sending system notifications
- System security
- Customer service inquiries
- Issue resolution
- Fee collection
- Measuring consumer interest in our products and services
- Enforcement of our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies
- Marketing purposes including, but not limited to email and digital advertising, for services/tools within HomeMe and external advertising/messaging by 3rd Parties
- Completing our pre-approval process, which includes:
- Comparing information for accuracy and verification with third parties
- Completing a credit and background check through third party service providers.
- Providing relevant property listings
- Communications with Properties, should you choose in app confirmations of “Tour”, “Reserve” or “Lease” features which includes one or more of the following:
- Contact information
- Verification documents
- Third party service providers. These services providers are partnered with HomeMe and are only authorized to use PII (if authorized by HomeMe) for needs and services. These services may include, but are not limited to:
- Fraud detection
- Database management
- Preparation of anonymized aggregated data. Uses of this data include but are not limited to:
- Improving user experience, functionality, and usability or our services
- Ensuring our systems are meeting functionality needs
- Industry analysis and demographic profiling
- Responses to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of a third party
- To protect the property or personal safety of our users or the general public.
- If you would like to opt out of information being sent in anonymized data please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “opt-out anonymized data” and we will assist you with completing the process.
HomeMe takes security very seriously. HomeMe safeguards your information via multiple layers of protection. HomeMe encrypts all sensitive information (social security number, credit card number and verification) with secure socket layer (SSL) technology. Your information is protected via industry standard protocols as it is submitted, received, and stored.
Although HomeMe is confident in the safeguards and protocols in place to ensure your information is secure and protected, no method of internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure, and HomeMe is unable to guarantee security of all information provided to HomeMe. Feel free to contact HomeMe if you have any questions or concerns about our site security.
In the instance that there is a breach of security HomeMe will provide all legally required disclosures of security. HomeMe will notify you via email and with an in app notification within a reasonable amount of time as dictated by investigatory and legal necessities.